Thursday, April 26, 2012

Connectivism Mindmap

Reflection

How has your digital network changed the way you learn?
I have a great example of how technology has changed the way I learn.  One of my goals for this winter was to learn to snowboard.  I had all the equipment and took a lesson.  I tried and tried but just could not do it.  I went back to where I bought the board and he asked me if I did my homework.  I looked at him and said I had a lesson.  He told me to go watch videos on YouTube about how to snowboard then try again.  This really worked.  It also opened up my mind to other areas in which YouTube may have instructional videos.  Through the network of the Internet we have access to information in a variety of different providers for all learning styles. 

Which digital tools best facilitate learning for you?
I am a visual learner and images work best for me when learning.  Technology provides so many tools to accomodate my learning style providing me with the tools necessary for me to learn.  The Internet is very visual and YouTube is an excellent example of visual learning.  Using collaboration and sharing tools allows a broader opportunity to share information using many different avenues such as Pinterest and Skype.  These tools have the visual stimulation I need to enhance my learning.

How do you learn new knowledge when you have questions?
It depends on what it is I am learning.  My first thought is to go to a search engine to start and move on from that point to more detailed research depending on the topic.  Because of the availability of resources on the Internet the options are limitless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment